Add a URL
In today's highly connected world, it is quite common for companies to have their assets on the web. Examples include Blogs, Videos, News Articles, Industry Articles, Press Releases, Slideshares, etc. You can capture those assets on Enablix by adding them as a URL. With the URL option, the asset continues to be in the source system and you only capture a reference to that asset. This is how you go about adding a URL asset to Enablix
Enter or Paste URL
Click on the blue Add button and select the URL option. A dialog will appear when you can enter or paste the URL you want to capture. Click Next.
Select Content Type
Enablix will attempt to resolve the title of the entered URL. You are welcome to update and beautify it so that it is easy to read. It will show you a preview image of the URL. Select the content type and click Add.
Asset titles are important. In most instances, the URL will help resolve to the write title. But there could be unnecessary text that you may want to trim to keep the asset easy to ready and search.
It is mandatory to define a Content Type for every asset in Enablix. Make sure you select the right Content Type. It takes a few seconds but helps your users discover and find the right content when they need it. It also helps you audit your content easily and keep track of all your content assets.
Add Other Details
You will be taken to the asset's detail page. Here you can add additional details.
- Description - It is always useful to add a description for content assets. If you want to give some additional instructions to the user, you can use the description field to communicate those details. The added description also helps with search.
- File - Many content types will support a file in addition to a URL. You are welcome to ignore this if it is not applicable. There are situations though when you want to capture both a file and URL in a single asset. For example, you captured a URL to a Whitepaper on your website but also want to store the Word version of that Whitepaper for easy access for the sales team.
- Access - If you have turned ON access control in your setup, you can select the right access for this asset.
- Labels - You can assign the right labels for this asset. Labels and Categories help you organize your content so that it is easy to find for your sales team members. It also helps you with content analytics when you conduct content audits and refresh your content.
Depending on the type of URL, Enablix may show a preview of the URL. If the URL is a blog/ article, Enablix will either show the blog/ article web page or end up showing the preview of a blog/ article with its thumbnail image.
Once you had added all the details for the asset, you can take one of the following actions:
- Publish - to publish the asset to the portal. Please note that the Publish action is available only for users who either have an Administrator or Approved Contributor system role.
- Request Approval - to request approval from one of the administrators to publish the asset. Users in a Consumer role have to request approval before publishing the asset. Administrators and Approved Contributors can use this option if they need to seek approval before publishing the asset. You can learn more about Request Approval Workflow here.
- Save As My Content - to save this asset as private content to the user. Saving this asset as My Content makes it available only to the logged in user. Other users cannot see or access this content asset. To learn more, check out this article about My Content.