Enablix Gmail Add-On
Enablix Gmail Add-on allows users to access Enablix content in Gmail without leaving the Gmail UI. With the add-on, a user can access access links for content assets that are published on Enablix for external and internal sharing.
This article discusses,
Installing the Add-On
Using the Add-On
- Access your content links
- Search content assets
- Browse content assets
- About content asset links
- Universal add-on actions
Add Gmail Add-on
You can add Enablix Gmail Add-on from the G Suite Marketplace.
- Click on Individual Install button. You will see a dialog box that will request your permission to start installing. Click CONTINUE.
- Google will ask you to choose an account to select from your organization's domain. Select the appropriate account.
- On selecting the account, Google will ask your permission to allow Enablix access data from your Google account. Click Allow.
- You will get a confirmation message that Enablix for Gmail is installed. Click Done and close out the G Suite Marketplace window.
When you install Enablix for Gmail for the first time, the above steps help you connect the plugin to your Gmail Account. However, there could be scenarios when the app is already installed but not connected to your gmail account. For example, if you signed out of the Enablix account and want to sign back in. Or the add-on was already installed by your G Suite administrator and you need to connect it to your account. For these scenarios you should refer to Connecting Enablix Account instructions.
Connecting Enablix Account
This section discusses how to connect your account with the add-on. There could be scenarios where the add-on is already installed but you are not connect to the account.
When the user clicks on SIGN IN, the user is asked to authenticate using the Enablix credentials. On successful authentication, the user has to allow Enablix for Gmail add-on access to the user's Enablix account.
Enablix Gmail Add-on is successfully installed and available for use.
Access Your Content Links
Enablix allows users to create their own content links for different assets. You can access these links from the add-on and insert them in your emails to share externally.
- You can only access content links that you have created in Enablix. You cannot access default links through this flow.
- If you enter the recipient email address before inserting the link, the link will track the recipient. This will help you identify who clicked on the link and when.
Search Content Assets
You can search Enablix content assets and insert any of the links for that asset in your email for external or internal sharing.
Browse Content Assets
You can also browse Enablix content types or categories/labels to find content assets that you want to share externally or internally.
Browse Assets By Content Types
Browse Assets By Categories and Labels
How to use Content Asset Links
When you find a content asset, you have different link options. The screenshot below shows how a user can,
- Insert an Internal Link for an asset for sharing internally with colleagues
- Insert a Default Link to an asset
- Insert a custom link that the user has created for that asset
Please note that internal links are gated URLs that require Enablix portal access. These are different from content links (discussed above) where content links do not require Enablix account to access the content.
If marketing has restricted assets for internal use only, then you will not see any asset links. You will only have an option to use the Internal Link.
Universal Add-on Actions
The add-on supports universal actions in its main menu. From this menu you can,
- Open Enablix application in a browser
- Access account page to Sign Out and disconnect the add-on from your Enablix account
- Open Enablix Help in a browser