Sharepoint as a File Store (Using User Account)
Enablix customers can configure Enablix to store files on a third-party cloud storage platform. Enablix supports Sharepoint to store Enablix files. Once integrated, all your files will be stored on your company's Sharepoint account. Enablix supports two methods to integration with your organization's Sharepoint instance.
- Integration using user account
- Integration using an Azure app (Recommended)
This article discusses integration with Sharepoint using a User Account. For integrating with Sharepoint using an Azure App, please refer to this article.
We recommend integrating with Sharepoint using Azure app because,
- The integration is not tied to a user account on Office 365 (O365).
- If your IT team implements O265 multi-factor authentication (MFA) then user-account based integration will not work.
- Azure app integration is more secured and recommended approach by Microsoft.
In This Article
Create a User Account in Sharepoint
You need to create a Sharepoint user account that will be used for Enablix integration.
Configure Sharepoint Integration in Enablix
- Go to the Integrations tab in Company Settings. By default, the File Storage is configured to store files on Enablix servers. Mouse over the existing configuration, click Edit, and select Sharepoint Using User Account as the file store.
You will see a form appear. Please fill out the form as follows.
- Sharepoint Site Url - (e.g. "https://enablix.sharepoint.com/") This is the url of the default Sharepoint site. If we need to point to a new site created, then the url would be something like: "https://enablix.sharepoint.com/sites/new-site"
- Base Folder - (e.g. /Shared Documents/Marketing Collateral) Enablix will store files in this base folder. "/Shared Documents" refer to the "Documents" link on the left panel on the Sharepoint site. To point to a site specific folder (instead of default "Documents" folder), the base folder value will be - /sites/new-site/Share Documents/Marketing Collateral
- Username and Password for the user account created in the earlier step.
You can control access to the Sharepoint folder by managing permissions on Sharepoint. Please note that permissions on Sharepoint base folder do not impact access from Enablix. Authorized users in Enablix will have access to the content from Enablix application.
Enablix is now configured to store all the uploaded files to your Sharepoint content repository.