Adding a Private Vimeo Video
It is a common practice for businesses to use Vimeo to host and manage videos. One of the benefits of Vimeo over YouTube is that it offers better privacy and security options. This allows marketers and content owners to host and manage internal-only videos on Vimeo (e.g. Training Videos).
One can add a Vimeo video to Enablix using the Add URL option. If the video is public, Enablix shows the embedded view of the video inside the portal and the user can play the video right from portal application. However, if the video is private, Enablix cannot show a preview and cannot play the video.
This article discusses how to add a private Vimeo video such that a user can play the video inside Enablix without compromising the privacy and security of the video. This article assumes that you have already uploaded the video on Vimeo.
You need Vimeo Pro account to be make Privacy setting changes.
- Go to Vimeo and access the video to be edited.
- On the left hand side go to General -> Privacy section.
- In the Privacy section, you will have a drop down - Who can watch? Selection option - People with the private link.
- Copy the Private URL.
- Next, go to the drop down - Where can this be embedded?
- In the field below, please type enablix.com and click the '+' button. Now enablix.com is approved to embed this video in its application.
- Go to Enablix and add the private video URL you copied in step 4.
- Once added, you will be able to see the Vimeo video in the Enablix portal.
Please note that anyone with the private link can access the video. For more information on Vimeo's privacy settings please refer to this Vimeo blog post.