Enablix generates an asset's thumbnail based on the content of the asset. If Enablix cannot generate an asset's thumbnail, we'll use a generic thumbnail image.
Regardless of the asset type, you always have the option to upload a custom thumbnail.
Note Here are some of the scenarios where Enablix cannot generate a thumbnail for an asset and shows a generic thumbnail:
- File format is not support (.psd, .ai, etc)
- URL link cannot be resolved (or is private)
- Asset is a Microsite or Content Kit
To update an asset's thumbnail:
- Access the asset
- Click Edit
- Go to the Thumbnail section on the left sidebar. By default, all Content Types allow custom thumbnails. Unless disabled, you will see a thumbnail section. If you do not have this option, please refer to our Help Article for Content Types.
- Upload the thumbnail image. Enablix supports PNG or JPEG formats.
- Click Publish
Best Practices: For best quality, we recommend a thumbnail ratio of 3:2. Ideally 360 by 240 pixels, but other sizes also work as long as the ratio is closer to 3:2.