Add a Content Kit
A Content Kit is a special kind of a content asset that allows you to manage a collection of different assets in one single kit. To learn more about content kits, please read Introduction to Content Kits. Here we discuss steps to add a content kit.
Select Content Kit
Click on the blue Add button and select the Content Kit option.
Enter Title and Select Content Type
In the next dialog enter the title of the asset and select the Content Type. The Content Type dropdown will only show Content Kit content types.
It is mandatory to define a Content Type for every asset in Enablix. Make sure you select the right Content Type. It takes a few seconds but helps your users discover and find the right content when they need it. It also helps with content audit and keeps track of all your content assets.
Add Other Details
You will be taken to the asset's detail page. Here you can add additional details.
- Description - It is always useful to add a description for
content assets. If you want to give some additional instructions to the user, you can use the description field to communicate those details. The contents of the description field are also searchable.
- Access - If you have turned ON access control in your setup, you can select the right access for this asset.
- Thumbnail - You have an option to use a custom thumbnail image for the Sales Playbook (in this example). This is the image that will be shown on the content asset thumbnail in the content portal.
- Labels - You can assign the appropriate labels for this asset. Labels and Categories help you organize your content so that they are easy to find by the sales team members. It also helps you with content analytics when you conduct content audits and refresh your content.
The below image shows how uploading a custom thumbnail image can help the usability of the content kit when displayed on the portal.
Manage Content Assets in the Content Kit
To select content assets that will be part of the kit, we click on the Manage Assets button to show the Asset Browser dialog. In the Asset Browser, you can search and select the assets that you want to include in the kit.
Once you have populated the content kit and added all the details, you can take one of the following actions:
- Publish - to publish the asset to the portal. Please note that the Publish action is available only for users who either have an Administrator or Approved Contributor system role.
- Request Approval - to request approval from one of the administrators to publish the asset. Users in a Consumer role have to request approval before publishing the asset. Administrators and Approved Contributors can use this option if they need to seek approval before publishing the asset. You can learn more about Request Approval Workflow here.
- Save As My Content - to save this asset as private content to the user. Saving this asset as My Content makes it available only to the logged in user. Other users cannot see or access this content asset. Check out this article about My Content.